#1 Thing You Can Do For Your Health - DRINK WATERMay 11, 2022
What's the #1 thing you can do for your health? 🤷♀️
Hint... it doesn't have anything to do with food or exercise.
⭐️⭐️⭐️ DRINK WATER ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Health benefits of drinking water include:
💧 Carrying nutrients and oxygen to all of the cells in our body. 90% of our blood is made of water, making water essential for proper bodily function
💧 Helping to regulate our body temperature
💧 Cushioning our joints
💧 Stabilizing our heartbeat
💧 Normalizing our blood pressure
💧 Aiding digestion
💧 Protecting our organs and tissue
💧 Helping to prevent constipation
💧 Flushing bacteria from our bladder
💧 Maintaining the electrolyte (sodium) balance in our body
💧 Helping to maximize physical performance
💧 Helping us to have enough energy
💧 Promoting healthy brain function
💧 Preventing and treating headaches
💧 Boosting skin health
💧 Helping with weight loss
So how much water do you need? Try to aim for 50% of your bodyweight in ounces every day. (EX: if you weight 150lbs aim for 75 ounces/day) More if you exercise or live in a hot climate.
Ideas to Help You Drink More Water:
- Drink a big glass of water immediately after waking up
- Make it convenient by carrying a water bottle with you all day
- Drink a 1 big glass of water before each meal or snack
- Drink 1 glass every hour on the hour while at work
- Add a splash of juice to your water
- Freeze pieces of lemons, limes and oranges then use them in place of ice cubes - it's refreshing!
- Drink decaf tea/coffee instead of regular - no sweetener or cream
- Try hot water with a drop of honey
- Drink with a straw so you take bigger gulps
- Make a bet with a co-worker and see who can drink more each day
- Make it convenient - keep your water bottle with you all day
- After each trip to the restroom, guzzle a glass of water to replenish your system
- Bring a two-liter bottle of water to work and try to drink it all before you leave work or finish it on the way home - it's like a race
- Eat water-based soups, broths or bullions - try low sodium varieties
- Crush cravings by downing a glass of water immediately when you have craving - you will feel full right away and hopefully the craving will pass
Don't miss a beat!
New moves, motivation, and classes delivered to your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.